Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[Help Please] Menus not displaying in IE properly - extra padding

barrmy

Total Posts:  102

I tried to combine a style from 13styles.com (style4) and the Blue theme menu css. 

For some reason, even without the mods, in IE7 (haven’t tried 6 or 8) there is extra padding or a border in the submenus (see menu-IE7.jpg).  In FF it works fine (menu-FF3.jpg).  I’ve attached the css file if someone would be kind enough to take a look and help.

The actual blue theme on the Magento demo works fine, so I’m at a loss…

Thanks in advance!

[On a side note, I really wanted to use the dolphin theme from 13 styles, but I couldn’t figure out how to make the second level (first submenu) horizontal instead of vertical :(]

Image Attachments
menu-IE7.jpgmenu-FF3.jpg
File Attachments
menu.css  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 40)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

barrmy

Total Posts:  102

ok turns out that using the default or blue menu.css in the modern theme generates that space

I rebuilt the menu basing it on the modern theme, and it’s working ok now

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community