Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

3 seperate tax rate calculations

collinssolutions

Total Posts:  79
USA Arkansas

OK here is the problem. My state decided that if i sell inside my state i have to charge state, city and county tax based on my customers zip code. My question is how in the world do i get magento to do this. I understand that magento has the options for multiple rates but will it add up multiple rates if zip codes match up? I have a csv file with all the tax rates for all the zip codes in my state and i know i can import these in. I will be working on it but i would appreciate some feedback from the community.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

collinssolutions

Total Posts:  79
USA Arkansas

For all those interested i got it worked out. I got a csv file from my state with all the county and city taxes. I imported them into magento and labeled them arkansas city and arkansas county and arkansas state then i set up 3 rules with all the different cites in one and counties in the other and the state as its own. Magento added up all up successfully.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community