Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I write an extended reporting class? 

scree

Total Posts:  137
Linz

Hi,

I try to overwrite the Reports/Sales grid in order to add filters (or anything else). But this is not that cool…

In all my other modules, I could extend the core classes of the Model directories with adding an XML file to /app/etc/modules/. But now I need to extend a class of the Block directory where I had to add my <rewrite>-tag to local.xml…

Example: I could overwrite Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Report_Sales_Sales_Grid, but not Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Report_Grid.

Additionally I wanted to remove columns from the grid, but when I comment them out, they appear at the end of all columns again. *1)

Any idea? Why is overloading classes so difficult? Do I have to change the code in the core???

Will donate $10 for a solution. :)

EDIT:
*1) OK, this is because the addColumn is called in the parent method. Is there a “removeColumn” or similar?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community