Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import configurable product from csv

iacopo

Total Posts:  3

I see that there are lots of discussion about importing configurable products from cvs but today 16 lug 2010 i don’t understand if this issue is resolved.

I need to import about 1000 product from csv. To do that i create a product configurable associated to 3 simple product (with option sieze/color and price) to see how would be the csv format after the export (i will next replicete it).
After export i trid to import this 4 products and i notice that pruduct configurable are not imported well (they are not associated into do to simple product and attributes).

First: Does magento community import/export configurable product?

Second: Do other version of magento do that?

Is there a solution to make the community version import/export configurable products?

Thank you very much to all taht will help.
Regards

Iacopo Pecks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Beena K M

Total Posts:  50
Cochin, Kerala, India

By Default, Magento dataflow is not allowed to import the configurable product, a new module is required to import the configurable product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iacopo

Total Posts:  3

Do you know the name/url of this new module required to import configurable products?

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

Beena K M

Total Posts:  50
Cochin, Kerala, India

Please see the website

http://ecommercesoftwaresolutionsonline.com/.

You may get more inforamtion from them about the module

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community