Magento Forum

Urgent! Top navigation, reindexing and productmanagement ALL broken after upgrade. 

poni

Total Posts:  22

Top navigation broken - already made a thread about that: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/198651/

Also, I cannot save ANY products, nor create new ones or duplicate any - the error message I get is: \”SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table \’poni_eshop.catalog_product_index_eav_tmp\’ doesn\’t exist\”

Product prices and Category Products under Index Management are flagged as Processing. When I try to reindex them, I get this error message:

There was a problem with reindexing process.

My webshop was almost ready to go live - until I upgraded to improve the PayPal module.

Any ideas? :/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Paine

Total Posts:  73

Welcome to Magento. Our site has been crippled by a reindex problem for over a month now, we cannot add any new items to the frontend, and no one knows how to fix it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darsh

Total Posts:  71

That sucks paine. The index issues need a better and more descriptive errors to help. And should be a index repair tool. to rebuild index with orphan entries int he database. I have similar issue lets see whats happens.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paine

Total Posts:  73

Exactly, there should be a “Index is corrupt, rebuild from scratch” button somewhere. I dont care if it takes it 2 days. We have 1700 items now in the DB and 5k+ orders. One of the guys here in the office who knows a good bit of SQL managed to dissect the DB enough to figure out how to manually add items to the index, so new products show on the front end, but we’re all still at a loss on how to fix the original indexing problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

poni

Total Posts:  22

Upgraded to 1.4.1.1 and hoped that would help.

Nope.

None of the issues are resolved.

Come on Magento Team - help us out here. This cripples many sites, and thus, business :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

mtrobp

Total Posts:  1

Hi, upgraded from 1.4.0.1 to 1.4.1.1 = broken store.

Front end gave the error page, backend only worked if you didn’t try to do anything with products or orders.  I turned on the error reporting and found:

Invalid attribute name: include_in_menu

found a database fix for that one and now my home page shows up, but it has no navigation or products on it.  Backend now lets me open the products, but won’t save them giving the error:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘magento.catalog_product_index_eav_tmp’ doesn’t exist

Anyone find a fix for this one?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dwdonline

Total Posts:  56
Playa del Rey

The problem is infact with the catalog_product_entity_tier_price table. However DON’T delete it. From looking at a couple of stores I have, it seems that when adding tiered pricing to products, they don’t get removed when you remove a product. Look at this table, and usually it will be the first few rows that were added. Check the second column, “entity_id” against the product id of your products (not the SKU) the product id that is listed on the left side when you go to Admin > Catalog > Manage Products.  Then delete any rows in the catalog_product_entity_tier_price table that no longer have a product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NoName3112

Total Posts:  4

Hi all, newbie here ; - ). I’ve started a year ago a little business in classical music, jazz and blues (cd’s and sheets) For about a year i’ve been doing this on a html website, working with affilate marketing. Now i’m planning to start from scratch, with a new site (magento).  I’ve been working with magento a lot lately, and progress in knowledge is noticeable, thanks to this forum ; - ). Untill i got the same error as ts. I’ve noticed the answer but that doesn’t seem to work for me, My install is brand new (latest stable version) and i’ve only added two products.....
so if anyonehas an idea on this matter...i would be gratefull.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markoshust

Total Posts:  129
Cleveland, OH

Same issue here.

I’m an Enterprise partner so I filed a ticket with Magento on this. I’ll report back when I know something.

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

NoName3112

That would be very great.
Tnx

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

You might want to simply try this with ssh

./shell php indexer.php reindexall

Magento Community
Magento Community

NoName3112

Thanks for your answer, but even that doesn’t seem to work.
I used putty, entered ‘php shell/indexer.php reindexall’ (in different ways) but the reply ‘unkown command’ was all i got.

Any other ideas are very welcome ; - ).

grtz

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

What version of Magento?

Do you have a Shell Directory?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NoName3112

version 1.5.1.0 and I do have a shell directory.

I set permissions on that directory to 777 and that didn\’t work (which is probably very explainable)
The exact error i get is:

X-Powerd-By: PHP/4.4.9
Content-type: text/html

No input file specified

Even if i go to the directory shell en than execute the command it doens´t work.

Perhaps a stable version of .6 will do the trick?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community