Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add Link to “was successfully added to your shopping cart”

vsjx

Total Posts:  7

Hello Forum,

I’d like to add a link to the notification that appears at the top of the page when an item is added to the shopping cart.

I looked through the forums and collected enough information to figure out how to edit that text, and other text, in general. I made a small change to the /app/locale/en_US/Mage_Checkout.csv file to the text on the right side of the comma on the line containing the message I wanted to change ("%s was successfully added to your shopping cart.","%s was successfully added to your shopping cart!"). This worked just fine; the change was reflected immediately on the front end.

Now that I’m sure that I can make plain text changes, I’d like to create a link in this text. After looking through the forums for some time, though, I have not come any closer to figuring out how to do so. Since essentially all of the messages that have links in them have the links written as <a href=""%s""> (ex “Please <a href=""%s"">continue shopping</a>.","Please <a href=""%s"">continue shopping</a>."), and I have no idea what the “%s” refers to and how this placeholder gets replaced with the proper info, I don’t know where to go from here.

Now that I think about it, I’d also like to change the link that “%s” becomes in the above “continue shopping” example; the link currently returns the user to the home page. Though I’m not sure where I’d like it to link to instead, I know I don’t like how it is now =P.

I hope someone can help. Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vsjx

Total Posts:  7

Sorry to bump, but I haven’t received any feedback regarding this issue, and haven’t made any progress myself, either.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community