Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

About new shipping method

lorenzo01

Total Posts:  221
France

hello,
i’ve installed a new shipping method thanks to the article in the wiki ‘Creating new shipping method’ , it’s ok the new method appears in my configuration section shipping method. My question is : I want to add the same fields as the shipping method named Flatrate, how do i change my files to add the fields ‘type’ ‘price’ ‘Method name’ , i think we have to change the code of :  app/code/local/Mage/NewModule/sql/newmodule_setup/mysql4-install-0.1.0.php and app/code/local/Mage/NewModule/Model/Carrier/ShippingMethod.php

Thanks for your help

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lorenzo01

France

finally, how can i duplicate the shipping module named ‘Flarate’ ?
any ideas
thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@lorenzo01: hi, could you describe your final goal please? I’m not sure what you need exactly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lorenzo01

France

Yes it’s that for name field but
i want to add some another fields, as ‘price’ and ‘type’ with the choice per order, per item , what lines do i add to my mysql4-install-XXX.php ?
thanks
It’s possible to disable the other shipping method when the amount for free shipping is reach ?
thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

lorenzo01

France

how add another fields to my new shipping module ? help me thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community