Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Belgian tax module

Roderik

Total Posts:  35
Belgium

Based upon the code found at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1735/#t8355 i’ve created an almost plug and play module for the belgian tax system.

1 extract it
2. place the folders into magentoo root (i’ve included the directory structure from the root of the magentoo install so you don’t have to guess where to place them)
3. add the piece in add-to-local.xml into you local.xml file

Remarks

1. probably you want to change “local” to “community” since it’s local for me, but community for you.
2. there seems to be no way to package modules so they are truly plug and play.
2.1 A “modules” folder under etc where the <modules> part can reside in would be an improvement.
2.2 Also i’m not quite sure how module specific template overrides would function. for example if i wanted to display the subtotal in the cart al grandtotal - tax, i would need to include a how-to ...
2.3 the rewrite system is cool for “real” developers, but if i just want to download a module and add it to my shop, i would need to make sure the rewrites don’t interfere, and if they do change the inheritance or worst case, merge methods

File Attachments
Belgiantax.zip  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 372)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Hi Roderik,

Your module is a workaround until stable version is released, isn’t it ?
Because on my understanding, we will be able to manage tax rates for each country. Am i wrong ?
It’s to say that you should probably parameter the right tax rate in back office instead of using a module that would disable the use of other countries tax rates.
I may be wrong. Please tell me if so.

About your comments, i agree with you. I haven’t found yet a way to make a completely plug and play module (if there is a need to modify templates).
@Magento guys: is there a way to do this ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roderik

Total Posts:  35
Belgium

yes,

it’s the workaround found at the url in my post but applied to belgium (21 instead of 19%) and applies as a module so you don’t need to edit core magento files. (it gets annoying very fast if you have to redo all modifications every time a new version is released)

Magento Community
Magento Community

LapinLove404

Total Posts:  21

I am trying this add this module to my store (using ver 0.7.14800) but It does not seems to work.

* I have the files copied in app/code/local/Mage/Belgiantax
* I added to code from add-to-local.xml into my local.xml (in app/etc)

Am I missing something ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

LapinLove404

Total Posts:  21

Ok, got it working. it was quite simple actually :
* Rename add-to-local.xml into Belgiantax.xml
* Copy it in app/etc/modules

Magento Community
Magento Community