Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

installed an SSL now stuck in an infinite redirect loop

SebAshton

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I’ve just installed an SSL on my site to make everything more secure, since its install I have been unable to get onto the admin panel or go to checkout - going to checkout gives a server error.

Firefox prints this error:

The page isn’t redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

Safari is just as helpful:

Safari can’t open the page.
Too many redirects occurred trying to open “https://www.mydomain.co.uk/index.php/admin/”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated and i’m hoping solving both issues is the same problem.

Thanks.

Seb

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Pixel Salsa

Total Posts:  7

Hi Seb

Did you resolve this problem as I have the same issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community