Magento Forum

Partial Payment in Magento

sujendra

Total Posts:  1

Magento ver. 1.3.2.4

I want to take 50% payment at the point of order against the invoice when the order is first placed, with the final 50% once garments are delivered. 

Any suggestions are welcome.

Could some one help me over Partial Payment System ?

Thanks

Satya

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

palanikumark

Total Posts:  66

You got the solution? I also need the same thing. Does anyone implemented partial payment?

Magento Community
Magento Community

WhiteDog

Total Posts:  6

I have a client who also wants to take 50% of the payment up front then the other 50% before the product is sent out.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nicole_Smith

Total Posts:  1

Thank you for the information. Even I was not quite sure if this system for partial payment was possible or not. Good to know that upfront and down payments are possible with the help of the partial payment extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

intellibi

Total Posts:  5
London

Please note, we have used this extension and at present it does not work correctly.

Even though the display says “50%” the entire payment is taken, the invoice on the system is also for 100% of the value.

Sadly our experience of support has also been very slow.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

As an alternate please have a look at the following for Magento Partial Payments.

Feel free to provide us with any feedback.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich Cleverley

Total Posts:  285

The main issue I can see with doing partial payments is to do with taking the second part of the payment.  To have it so it automatically takes teh second part of the payment would require the use of a payment processor that supports follow up transactions and any module to handle this would I imagine need tto be firmly integrated with teh payment gateway in use.  The FME extensions module linked to above seems to get around this by having the customer initiate the follow up payment (at least that’s how I read the extension description).  This obviously gives the security needed and lets the customer choose payment dates etc but I’m not sure if this would suit all scenarios.

Using tokenised cards such as Cybersource offer could be used to achieve this or a payment gateway that allows follow up transactions that can be linked to an existing transaction could be workable but as I sais earlier this would need to be heavily integrated into the payment module itself from what I can see.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Indies Webs

Total Posts:  193

This type of payment can be possible with our extension Magento Partial Payment. You can fulfill your requirements with this module.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community