Magento Forum

Store View Price Attribute Bug - Magento 1.4.1

greendezine

Total Posts:  9

Am I the only person to notice this major bug in 1.4.1 so far?

I have two store views. Catalog price scope is set to Website. Changing the price of a product in store view A (English) is also changing the price of the same product in store view B (Spanish). Even checking ‘Use Default Value’ in view A causes the same in Store B.  Can’t the price of a product be different per store view?

If this is not a bug, then what is the point of allowing us to edit this attribute from the scope of the Website??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nasha

Total Posts:  138

Price attribute has a Website scope not a STORE VIEW scope.If you want to show different price then either create new website or make a duplicate product and change Visibility(Visibility attribute has a store view scope).

Magento Community
Magento Community

sjansen

Total Posts:  40
Amersfoort

Is this the only way in Magento 1.4 to set different prices for one product and different store views? Because I have the following situation, I have one product that is being sold in different countries (these are store views) but each country has a different price, but all other attributes like title, description, weight remain the same. If I were to duplicate my product for each view and I would have to change the description in a few months, than I will have to update X products, that is not what I want. And if I read all tutorials, this was not the case before version 1.4. Is there a good solution or workaround for this? Thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

myproj_06

Total Posts:  8

sjansen - 15 December 2010 06:17 AM

Is this the only way in Magento 1.4 to set different prices for one product and different store views? Because I have the following situation, I have one product that is being sold in different countries (these are store views) but each country has a different price, but all other attributes like title, description, weight remain the same. If I were to duplicate my product for each view and I would have to change the description in a few months, than I will have to update X products, that is not what I want. And if I read all tutorials, this was not the case before version 1.4. Is there a good solution or workaround for this? Thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulmobba

Total Posts:  20

Did you ever find a solution for this I need this functionality as well, surley it is out there ??

Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  122

The price of a product can be different per store view. ‘Store View Pricing’ by InnoExts allows to set Catalog price scope to StoreView. This extension is free to download and use. http://innoexts.com/promotion/store-view-pricing/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community