Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

External link on product page

hardcorehaggis

Total Posts:  1

How can i add an external link on the product page, we want to do a video review for each product so each product page needs to have it’s own tailored link, is it possible with the current system

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ericleeclark

Total Posts:  40
Muncie, IN

I think a pretty simple solution here would be to create an attribute for these types of links and populate that attribute for the products you want. You can also control whether this attribute is visible or not (i.e. on the product page).

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxcom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Washington DC Metro Area, US

Hello,

Probably File Downloads extensions will work for this case. You can easily add the links to external pages on product pages. If you need to add the same links to many products at once, the extension allows doing that in easy way.
https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/file-downloads-and-product-attachments.html

Hope this will help.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community