Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Trying to capture pricing excl vat and have Mage calculate the total. 

Kairos79

Total Posts:  6

Not getting anywhere fast.

I’ve read the FAQ on setting up a new tax rate and deleting the others (for the USA market) - done.

I have just two products that have been added as a test so far (i’m not working with sample data - unfortunately), the price that I enter doesnt in anyway change to reflect the amount added for VAT when view from the store (front-end).

I’ve been between the tax section in the admin/systemconfiguration section and the sales/tax section, between the two, I can’t figure out what needs to be changed, or why things aren’t reflecting properly.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kairos79

Total Posts:  6

Resolved.

I had to go into the area to create / manage the “Tax Rules” where I had to purposefully select (highlight) the product tax class.

Previously all the options were there, none were selected. I was under the impression that it was selected by default already being in that list. I was wrong.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community