Magento Forum

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1205 Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

agarvey

Total Posts:  55

For the past week, we have been having problems with our database.  Every time we try to save a product in the admin panel after editing it, the system runs for about 5 minutes.  Sometimes this results in the product being saved successfully.  Other times, it results in an error:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1205 Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Oddly enough, if you go to Catalog->Manage Products, find the product you want to edit, check the box in the left hand column and then use the dropdown to update attributes, you can change things and then save in a normal amount of time.  I you just click on the product, change the attributes and then click save, this is where the lockout will happen or the 5 minute wait.  Also, if I try to import, sometimes it is done in a timely manner and other times I get a lockout.

I feel like I have tried everything on the board:
The host has run a mysqlcheck to repair tables
I have made the changes to the code as suggested here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/31666/
As suggested in this post: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/19472/, I have cleared the log files so that it no longer writes to them.  (I saved them as a different name instead of completely truncating them)
I have done this in the admin panel, with seemingly no results: http://www.sonassi.com/knowledge-base/magento-knowledge-base/speed-up-magento-product-import-export-and-general-via-the-database/

What tables are being updated when I save a product?  Why is this moving so slow...it is becoming impossible to do anything.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

teacherexpress

Total Posts:  3

Same issue...any resolution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

Total Posts:  192

SAME PROBLEM IN A FRESH 1.4.1.1

Products were saving just great. Now, we can’t even make changes using phpMyAdmin. Nothing but 1205 errors. Yes, we can also make Update Attributes changes. Obviously, these are saved differently than full product save functions.

Most recently, we are not getting the error. The products just go back to Manage Products with NO save performed.

We further cannot Apply Rules. This too just creates a timeout.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sergio_suporte

Total Posts:  23

hello…

Same problem… any resolution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dbabaev

Total Posts:  83