Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I backup my “Manage Pages”

skjerfdeg.no

Total Posts:  104
Norway

Do I have to backup from ftp (from witch folder?) or will it work to use the backup tool?

EDIT: The same question also goes for the “Transactional Emails”

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

I don’t know anyway in magento to do that (though they are all stored in the db, so if the db is getting backedup you are fiine) But for extra safety I just copy paste them into a file on my own pc, folder called Transactional Emails, and a folder called CMS Static Blocks, and name it whatever you named it in magento, and same for cms static blocks. Just copy each one to the clipboard and paste them into a file and save them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skjerfdeg.no

Norway

OK, do you know under which folder they will be stored? I have tried looking for my files, but cant seem to find them.

Any help appreciated smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

EDIT I wrote a reply which pertained to something else I had answered, so have deleted it.  I will try to answer your question in a few minutes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Actually what I wrote befoe DID sort of pertain to this. LOL WIsh I hadn’t deleted it.  But you will find the content of your mange pages only in admin, or if you know how to use a tool like phpmyadmin to get them from the database.  There is not page per se, it is data stored in the database then assembled on the fly when the page is told to load, be it the home page, or a product page etc.  Magento is db driven, it is not the typical old style web where you have a html page for everything. They are ‘virtual pages’ assembled from parameters you store in the database.

So the only way to back them up, (as I said before---if your db is getting backed up so are your cms static blocks and your “manage pages”, but if you want a copy of your o wn to put on your pc, you open the static block in magento admin, do a ctl-a to select all, then ctl-c to copy it to your clipboard, then go to your pc editor and do a ctl-v to paste the info into it.  Name it CmsStaticBlock_TopLevel_CookwareSets (since my site sells cookware I use such examples) Name it the same as the identifier you give it when you create the static block. 

So you will not find them on your server, they are in the database, and can be read from admin and copy/pasted that way.  And if your db is getting backedup, so are your manage pages and your cms static blocks.  I just do the extra thing to my pc becasue I’m a safety freak.  smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

skjerfdeg.no

Norway

Ah, I see smile

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community