Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disable Account creation

lbunks

Total Posts:  32

Hello community

I’de like to know if their is any possibility of disable the automaticaly account creation. Their is allreday an extension that can handle it but it don’t fit to my needs totaly.

I don’t want the customer details given by the customer on magento. I’de like to create the customer in my ERP and then manualy, or by an import, set the data into magento. The form form for the account creation has tto work with my ERP and not with my shop.

Hopefully someone understand my por english and is able to give my a small workaround

THX
Lars

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Frost
Magento Team

Total Posts:  21

Hello.
By default, you can’t disable customers registration in Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbunks

Total Posts:  32

Hmmm.... this is not good. For us this could be an interessting feature specialy when
you use your shop as a B2B commerce solution. Maybe theire will be an extension for this.

Thanky you Frost for your answer

Greeting from the very north of Germany

Magento Community
Magento Community

Deej

Total Posts:  4

Some type of admin approval for a new registration would be nice for wholesale integration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

toinus

Total Posts:  27

Any improvements done on this issue ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

timharris78

Total Posts:  11
Frisco, TX (north Dallas)

You can go to:

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/customer/form/login.phtml

and edit the code to your liking.  We deleted the portions we didn’t want populating on the left hand side of the account login page and now we’re good to go.

Image Attachments
Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 1.27.00 PM.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Starbuck7

Total Posts:  8

hi Tim,
I’ve searched through all the templates: default, base,whatever and found one login.phtml. It’s where you said. I’ve deleted all the stuff about the first column. Cleared my cache. But then when I reload my page the left column is still there to allow new account creation. What gives?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community