Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to modify the frontend searchengine to achieve the way the backend engine works. 

Slade

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I was wondering how to do that. The backend search engine is great, it search trough the products.

The front end engine search trough popular search terms, which is not usefull to me, i wish the frontent engine could also search trough the prodcuts with the same autocomplete bahavior (showing live results).

Any idea how i could achieve this ? I’ve tried to make my way trough the magento files but could’nt figure how it’s done.

I could make my own template for my store, with new modules, block and such, but i’m really stuck in a dead-end for the search engine :(

Thank you !

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community