Magento Forum

How do I change the Product image compression and quality? 

imacsoap

Total Posts:  18

I’ve uploaded my images to my store and the quality of the images is very poor on the product pages. I’ve looked at the images on the server and the quality is good, it seems Magento is compressing my JPGs. Any ideas on how I can get Magento not to alter my images? I’m not sure why Magento would alter my images, I would rather compress the images myself than have Magento do it for me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

imacsoap

Magento is changing my images with low quality color pictures of my products. Does anyone know how to stop Magento from changing my images? I’ve optimized my images and would like Magento to not compress the quality or change the color of my images.

Image Attachments
DN8010-1.jpgdn8010-1-1.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

imacsoap

It would seem the same image compression for Magento is the same for the attached images for the forum. I\’ve posted two images, the first better quality and the second what Magento does to images after it is uploaded. The two thumbnail images above look the same (Poor Quality) but the first is better quality that has not been touched by Magento. The second looks to be the same image but was touched by Magento. The second image is clearly dull and not true to the appearance of my products.

It seems the same image compression is being used on the forum because both images above looked to be the same, but the images are different.

I would like someone to help me with this because I\’m not sure how to correct the problem. Anyone knows...Please help…

Magento Community
Magento Community

brianb421

Total Posts:  196

This worked for me on 1.3.3.0:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6158/P45/#t122313

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community