Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Newsletter signup: No information displayed to user after signup

One Step Checkout

Total Posts:  34
Norway

Hello,

In my shop, I am trying to let users add themselves to our newsletter. The problem is, that after you enter your email address and click the button, there is NO MESSAGE displayed to the user with feedback. The user is left wondering what actually happened (and they do get registered).

What is likely to cause this? Some template issues? I’ve tried adding lines like

<div id="messages_product_view"><?php echo $this->getMessagesBlock()->getGroupedHtml() ?></div>

to some templates to see if it would display then but it hasn’t. Anyone have any idea how to fix this??

The issue can be seen live here: http://www.ladiesroom.no/klaer - Scroll down and see on the left side, the box at the bottom.

Hopefully someone can help me smile
Thanks in advance for any responses!!

Jone Eide

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

One Step Checkout

Total Posts:  34
Norway

Does anyone know something about this??

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

uke_boy

Total Posts:  26
Kiev, Ukraine

Hi, Jone! Did you solved your problem? I just got similar and I think that problem not in subscribtion mechanism - my customer voting in a comunity poll and dosent have any results - just reloaded page with new (un-voted) poll. I think the issue is with form-data processing by web-server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wefwef2

Total Posts:  7

I ran into the same problem recently. Did anyone figure this one out?

X

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community