Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

TinyMCE Help

mikeinspain

Total Posts:  108
Alicante, Spain

Hi

I have followed this thread trying to get the TinyMCE to work on my site.  http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17444/P0/

I simply can not get anything to show..  I have successfully uploaded the tiny_mce folder to the js folder.

I have made the changes to the editor.php file as detailed, but still nothing.  Am I missing a trick here??

This is the selected code from the above file:

public function getElementHtml()

{

if($this->getWysiwyg() !== null

{
            $element 
= ($this->getState() == 'html') ? '' $this->getHtmlId();

$html '
                <textarea name="'
.$this->getName().'" title="'.$this->getTitle().'" id="'.$this->getHtmlId().'" class="textarea '.$this->getClass().'" '.$this->serialize($this->getHtmlAttributes()).' >'.$this->getEscapedValue().'</textarea>
                <script type="text/javascript">
                //<![CDATA[
                   /* tinyMCE.init({
                        mode : "exact",
                        theme : "'
.$this->getTheme().'",
                        elements : "' 
$element '",
                        theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
                        theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
                        theme_advanced_path_location : "bottom",
                        extended_valid_elements : "a[name|href|target|title|onclick],img[class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|onmouseover|onmouseout|name],hr[class|width|size|noshade],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style]",
                        theme_advanced_resize_horizontal : "false",
                        theme_advanced_resizing : "false",
                        apply_source_formatting : "true",
                        convert_urls : "false",
                        force_br_newlines : "true",
                        doctype : \'
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">\'
                    });*/
                //]]>
                </script>'
;

/*plugins : "inlinepopups,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras",
                theme_advanced_buttons1 : "newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
                theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor",
                theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",
                theme_advanced_buttons4 : "insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,|,visualchars,nonbreaking"*/

$html.= $this->getAfterElementHtml();
            return 
$html;

}

else

{

return parent::getElementHtml();

}
    }

public function getTheme()

{

if(!$this->hasData('theme')) {