Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Multiple User Groups per Customer

sanjoy1910

Total Posts:  1

Dont know if this is still required but I managed to achieve the functionality by changing the “group_id” frontend_input to multiselect and backend_type to “varchar” in eav_attribute table and then extending the class Mage_SalesRule_Model_Resource_Rule_Collection and overriding the method named addWebsiteGroupDateFilter to pass comma separated group id in the join query.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

syntaxless

Total Posts:  2

sanjoy1910 - 17 December 2012 03:07 AM

...and then extending the class Mage_SalesRule_Model_Resource_Rule_Collection and overriding the method named addWebsiteGroupDateFilter to pass comma separated group id in the join query.

Can you explain this a little more thoroughly? I did the first part and it works in the admin panel but if the customer tries to login it throws an error. I’m thinking its because I haven’t done the second part but cant figure out where those classes are to extend.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I found the class in app/code/core/Mage/SalesRule/Model/Resource/Rule/Collection.php but am unsure what changes need to be made to pass the group id as comma separated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnnytmgu

Total Posts:  1

I found this thread that was helpful and it works for me on 1.7.x Magento:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12528327/assign-customer-to-multiple-customer-groups-to-magento

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2