Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Please implement FULL PAGE CACHING for magento community! 

haskell

Total Posts:  20

Magento community is seriously slow.

Magento community needs FULL PAGE CACHING just like its enterprise cousin.

Yes there is full page caching available by ontapecommerce and tinybrick but they cost money, are propreitary and most importantly not built in and standard feature so that future upgrades would be straight forward without issues.

PLEASE bring out FULL PAGE CACHING for magento community.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

OpenCommerce

Total Posts:  84
Cincinnati, OH

Full-Page cache is available through our LightSpeed module. Its not cheap at $500 but is a lot less than purchasing enterprise. It also caches logged in users. Something that enterprise can’t do.

Magento Community
Magento Community

haskell

Total Posts:  20

tinybrick - 06 July 2010 06:23 AM

Full-Page cache is available through our LightSpeed module. Its not cheap at $500 but is a lot less than purchasing enterprise. It also caches logged in users. Something that enterprise can’t do.

yes im aware of ur module the cons for me though is the large cost, the per domain licensing and that inevitably full page caching will become available for CE (and I dont know how much more realworld performance increase would I see over the Enterprise cache).

Magento Community
Magento Community

sanderson.delorum

Total Posts:  5

Honestly, I don’t know that Magento will ever put page caching in the Community Edition. Enterprise Edition only has a few things going for it: performance (page caching), support (SLA), and a few other bells and whistles (gift card, admin logging, etc). If they were to put page caching in the Community Edition, it would be less incentive for people to want to drop the $13K a year to have the Enterprise Edition. You can become a “Pro” Enterprise Customer for $3K a year, but the Pro version doesn’t include page-caching. It’s really just for the SLA. So if you do the math, that means full enterprise customers are paying the $3K per year for the SLA and the remaining $10K per year goes to page caching and some of the other bells and whistles. My advice, don’t hold your breath waiting for Magento to put page caching in the Community Edition.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mgt_commerce

Total Posts:  66

Hello guys,
we developed a full page cache module for the community edition. It’s very fast, you can choose filesystem, apc or memcached as cache method. The average response time is 30 - 40 ms / catalog page.

Url: http://www.mgt-commerce.com/speed-up-magento-by-full-page-cache.html

Best regards,
Stefan

Magento Community
Magento Community

anderson916

Total Posts:  1

I have implemented a new FULL PAGE CACHING. It is very fast and stable.

For testing, please check my demo magento site:  http://demo.magento-china.net.

Anderson.
http://www.magento-china.net
http://www.xiaomaizi.net
anderson916 AT GMAIL DOT COM

Magento Community
Magento Community

Extendware

Total Posts:  231

There is already a Full Page Cache Magento Extension for the community edition that is more performant and flexible than the enterprise verson. It is built standard so upgrades wont be hassle and it does not require xml hacks and the sort.

Magento Community
Magento Community

EZAPPS

Total Posts:  57
Vancouver Island

I want to introduce our first extension to the mix as well, which is the Zoom Full-Page Cache. We are quite confident in its performance (as the tests show) and we strongly feel this extension drastically unlocks Magento’s potential

Magento Community
Magento Community

matt1237

Total Posts:  70
Washington State

I completely agree that Magento needs caching by default.  Yes, this is an open source project.  The community has some say over what goes on.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ngebala

Total Posts:  3

hi, I’m newcomer on this forum. I hope can get lot of information I need. thanks all.
Sepeda Motor Bebek Injeksi Kencang dan Irit Jupiter Z1 | Artikel Informasi

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vanquish

Total Posts:  24

As previously stated, it is unlikely full page caching will come to the community edition.  As some of the extension providers state, full page caching will reduce page loads by up to 50%, if you are happy moving from say 6seconds to 3seconds then this is a simple method.  If you require sub-second loads however you are looking at server configuration which becomes more art than science.  It is based on aspects such as the amount of custom code, number of extensions, size of product database, number of stores, type of caching enabled, web server being used, etc.

You can use the Nginx AMI for a fast self-hosted implementation, however you need to test with reasonably large instances such as medium or large.  The Web Cluster is enterprise level for load balancing and load distribution across multiple instances.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zaezigzag

Total Posts:  3

haskell - 02 July 2010 02:37 AM

Magento community is seriously slow.

Magento community needs FULL PAGE CACHING just like its enterprise cousin.

Yes there is full page caching available by ontapecommerce and tinybrick but they cost money, are propreitary and most importantly not built in and standard feature so that future upgrades would be straight forward without issues.

PLEASE bring out FULL PAGE CACHING for magento community.

go go go..!!! i like it..
Seragam kerja kantor murah di surewi wardbrobe

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zentec

Total Posts:  19

You may want to refer to this information regarding how full page caching can help with performance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gordonlesti

Total Posts:  12

Maybe you want to try my internal full page-cache Lesti::Fpc. It works only with Zend File-Cache and is open source.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NMediaSystems

Total Posts:  56
London

In addition to caching solutions, we’ve built Magento Cache Warmer, which irregardless of what caching you have in place, will build up any missing cache, more information about the extension http://www.nmediasystems.com/services/magento-ecommerce-software/extensions/magento-cache-warm-up.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

husseycoding

Total Posts:  30
UK

We have recently released our own full page caching solution Evolved Caching.  Installation is extemely quick and easy (no layout or template files to edit, everything is in admin), benchmarks show server HTML generation times drop from 2500ms to 10ms, and it’s directly compatible with external caching solutions such as Varnish.  You can read more about it here, full configuration and usage with benchmarks can be found here, and you can purchase it from our store here.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2