Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
One Page Checkout Not Working - Bundles & Custom Product Options {FIXED}

jay78-19

Total Posts:  5

I’ve seen other posts about this in version 1.1.6 but mine is a little different.

First off, all configuration is default with the exception of limiting country settings to United States for shipping and credit card settings.

What Works
Simple Products with NO “Custom Options”, I can checkout just fine.

What Doesn’t Work
Simple Products with Custom Options
Bundled Products

Issue
One Page Checkout screen appears but never given the option for login or checkout as guest. Footer never loads either therefore there something is timing out in the script.

What I Tested
* Switching themes - same issue
* Removing all custom options - works
* Firefox and IE - same issue
* Double checked all min values - same issue

Conclusion
I never tested the “Custom Options” or “Bundled Products” in checkout in older versions. I’m currently in version 1.1.6. and found this issue during testing. Since the issue can be replicated in the default theme and modern theme, I’m assuming it is an admin issue.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? This has brought my project to a stop…

If you have had this issue, please post how to duplicate.. the more posts, maybe it’ll get some attention.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aaronmark

Total Posts:  18
Nampa, ID

When I go to add Custom Options, I can add an option, but not new rows (for a drop down). If I save the product after adding the option, the admin stalls from then on, whenever I try to access the Custom Options tab. Maybe this is related?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jay78-19

Your issue sounds more of a product level issues in the admin.

My issue is in regards to products that I’ve successfully configured with custom options. If a customer orders an item with custom options, they can not checkout. When they arrive at the one-page checkout, the checkout steps are not displayed. This also occurs with bundled/kit items.

However, if they checkout with an item that isn’t configured with custom options, they can checkout just fine.

In regards to your issue, I’ve seen other posts that suggest that server limitation need to be adjusted due to the post command. However, this was for those users looking to create 20+ custom options. A quick search on the forum should locate the post.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jay78-19

I solved my own problem.

Clues
I was able to locate a error posted in the source code via the View -> Source window in my browser. The error I had was “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted...” More specifically, I noticed that my page wasn’t loading all of the way, it stopped half way. If you think about it, this makes sense…

Fix
A few searches in the forum and I found this fix:

Go to the “php.ini” file on your server and use the following settings:
max_execution_time = 30000 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60000 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

This fixed my issue. Along with the post where I found this fix, people had this problem in various sections in the admin like adding options, categories, or uploading.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

sljacome

Total Posts:  19
Mexico City

Thanks a lot!

This partially fixed my problem with one page checkout!  cheese

Are you using a SSL certificate on your store? my checkout is not working when I switch to a secure url, the problem is JS, but i can’t find a reason why.

Magento Community
Magento Community

susanjoy

Total Posts:  8

This fixed my error with the “shipping estimate” box in the cart AND “Proceed to Checkout” finally works!!! Thank you so much!!!
My pages still show “Done, but with errors on page” and an exclamaition point though, anyone know what is causing that? Perhaps because I haven’t installed my SSL yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

monkeybutler

Total Posts:  17

I can’t figure out my PHP.INI file. It’s a mile long text wise and doesn’t include those settings. Here’s what’s happening to my checkout page. Any ideas? It doesn’t load all the way or.. ? I"m not really sure what’s happening.

Image Attachments
ss.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

susanjoy

Monkey Butler- those settings ARE in the php.ini file. open the file and do control F to “find” - and do a search for one of the words like max or memory and it will take you to that section. But if memory serves, it was near the top. From your screen shot, it looks like what mine did and this will help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

IrobBot

Total Posts:  16

The exact situation (described in the first post) is happening with me.  A bundle or configurable product will not allow guest checkout.  I’m running version 1.3.0

Checkout works fine, but you have to create an account. It just doesn’t give the ‘guest’ option. 

I get no php errors, no JavaScript errors, and the page fully loads correctly.  Just to make sure though, I increased the max time limits in the PHP.ini file.  Still nothing.

Anybody find a solution?  This is important for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

IrobBot

I solved it (for myself anyway)

Went into the database under the core_config_data table.  Changed catalog/downloadable/disable_guest_checkout to 0 .

Worked like a charm.

Hope that helps someone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rentown

Total Posts:  29

IrobBot - 28 April 2009 11:07 AM

Went into the database under the core_config_data table.  Changed catalog/downloadable/disable_guest_checkout to 0 .

Worked like a charm.

Hope that helps someone.

hi,

i cant find catalog/downloadable/disable_guest_checkout in my database.

would it be somewhere else?

i only found core_config_data.

please help

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

IrobBot

How about these:

checkout/options/guest_checkout value: 1
catalog/review/allow_guest value: 1

I just did a search in the database (core_config_data) for the term “guest” in the “path” field (using “% like %” search option).  From there I looked through the results and found the entries that just seemed to logically be associated with the problem.

But this may not be the solution in your case.  I’m not sure what to do from here.
Best of luck to ya.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nickyfashion

Total Posts:  116
Bangkok/Miami

I have the problem of the blank onepage checkout JUST if I want to checkout as a logged in user !
I am using the latest magento build ! Is there a workaround for this problem ? I really need this working.
Many thanks in advance,
Justine

I tried Jay71-19’s solution and set the memory limit in my htaccess to 128, but with the same result.

############################################
## adjust memory limit

# php_value memory_limit 128M
php_value memory_limit 128M
php_value max_execution_time 30000

############################################

EDIT : Once I refresh cache the checkout page works (not always) as logged in user , but it doesn’t work properly.
I attached a screenshot to this posting.

Image Attachments
error.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

KZME

Melbourne, Australia

Something that I have just experimented with and found to be producing better results than previously is:

php.ini values:

max_execution_time = 30000
max_input_time = 60000
memory_limit = 128M

.htaccess values:

php_value memory_limit 128M
php_value max_execution_time 60000

Go to System > Configuration :: Advanced > Developer and make sure “Merge JavaScript Files” is set to “NO”.

Applying these settings has allowed me to move through the checkout process successfully but it has not corrected the issue of maintaining an account address through the frontend.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pkiriakou

Worked like a charm.

Hope that helps someone.

Worked like a charm.!!!!!! Thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebbieWorks

Total Posts:  28

Worked like a charm.

Hope that helps someone.

I Could not find this one either in my database, None of the other suggestions worked either.

I cannot get anything when going to checkout, it just shows the dropdowns but I cant select check out as a guets or login. I am pretty much stuck.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2