Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is anyone else disappointed/frustrated with Magento’s Issue Tracking? 

duagne

Total Posts:  8

There are more bugs and bug reports than the core team seems to be able to handle.  They don’t seem to want the community’s help in fixing bugs.  Finding tickets is hard.

Issue #23434 is a perfect example.  http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue/?issue=9382

First of all, why is the issue number 23434 on the web page, but in the get parameter it is 9382?  Makes it hard to find your bug after the fact, and neither number seems to map to the issue numbers which are finally reported in the revision notes.

Second of all, the defect reported here basically renders catalog price rules completely useless.  A hugely important, core feature is totally broken in version 1.4.1.0 and for 2 weeks the only feedback we get from Magento on the ticket is that it has been assigned to a developer.

It seems as if the Magento team is overwhelmed.  I have sympathy for that, and this is open source after all.  So you try to pitch in right?  Find the fix yourself and submit it back, right?  I spent an hour searching for the fix on this issue, found it and then wen to submit the fix.  Someone already has submitted the fix—2 days ago.

I’ve submitted fixes in the past and I have no idea if anyone ever listened to me.  You can’t subscribe to a bug report.  I checked back a number of times and then gave up hope when nobody seemed to be listening.

Am I the only one frustrated with this process?  Magento team, what can we do to help you out here?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ontic

Total Posts:  26

No your not the only one.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

diglin

Total Posts:  93
Zurich - Switzerland