Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Payment transaction failed: “Quote totals must be collected before this operation.”

gurubob

Total Posts:  7

Joe Greenwood - 12 March 2011 07:38 PM

I don’t know.

I commented the line in
app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php

public function prepareRecurringPaymentProfiles()

{

if (!$this->getTotalsCollectedFlag()) {

// Whoops! Make sure nominal totals must be calculated here.
//            throw new Exception('Quote totals must be collected before this operation.');

}

Hoping this makes the problem go away.  I get the error about once every 10 orders, doesn’t matter what’s in the cart, simple product, configurable product, one item, several items.  Sometimes despite the error email, the order has still made it completely through to the orders in admin panel ... sometimes not.

Hoping ridding the ‘throw new Exception’ prevents this BUG.

Thanks.

I don’t know the reason for this error yet, but please don’t do what you’ve done. It’s like people complaining that their smoke alarm goes off all the time and someone offers the solution of taking the battery out. The problem (the smoke) is still there and could be causing even worse problems.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kmHelms

Total Posts:  221

I have this issue as well. 1.7.0.2
Multistore setup, got the first error before any cart rules were configured.

I found this in my log, but I don’t know what it’s telling me:

2013-03-25T16:52:14+00:00 ERR (3): 
exception 'Exception' with message 'Quote totals must be collected before this operation.' in /var/www/mainsites/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php:1793
Stack trace
:
#0 /var/www/mainsites/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Service/Quote.php(326): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote->prepareRecurringPaymentProfiles()
#1 /var/www/mainsites/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Service/Quote.php(223): Mage_Sales_Model_Service_Quote->_submitRecurringPaymentProfiles()
#2 /var/www/mainsites/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Service/Quote.php(238): Mage_Sales_Model_Service_Quote->submitNominalItems()
#3 /var/www/mainsites/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(774): Mage_Sales_Model_Service_Quote->submitAll()
#4 /var/www/mainsites/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(511): Mage_Checkout_Model_Type_Onepage->saveOrder()
#5 /var/www/mainsites/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->saveOrderAction()
#6 /var/www/mainsites/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('saveOrder')
#7 /var/www/mainsites/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#8 /var/www/mainsites/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#9 /var/www/mainsites/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#10 /var/www/mainsites/index.php(87): Mage::run('base', 'website')
#11 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

peragon

Total Posts:  3

we have the same issue. we are using Magento Version 1.7.0.2 too.
relatex thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/error.php/viewthread/287165/

Can someone offer a solution for this?

best regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

shanaki

Total Posts:  4

Hello,

I receive this error only twice in a week. But I start receiving that after I modified the success page. I add 3 conversions. 2 from google 1 from facebook.

Should be from that?

Why Magento Dev Team leave this subject open?

With respect,
Shanaki

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sabbi

Total Posts:  17

Just got this error the first time after the shop runs over 1 year on 1.7.0.2.

Is there any solution for this in the meantime?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageStuck

Total Posts:  4

This bug has hit us after moving to a new host. Domain name remains the same. All core files replaced with fresh copies downloaded/uploaded today. Have played with config settings to allow/disallow multi address shipping and one page checkout. Have uninstalled modules to check for compatibility issues.

Any suggestions? Would love the Magento developers to wade in here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zumajimi

Total Posts:  5

I started having this weird error with the last 3 orders yesterday.  I finally decided to clear all cache by deleting all files in var/cache/* and var/session/* and refresh all magento cache again in admin.  And everything has become working normally now.

Since I’m not a real mage developer, I don’t really know what causes this. Want to know some if someone can tell. But the quick and dirty trick I did here did solve the problem (for now).  This is the only and one last hope to do when something is wrong.  Hope it could help someone out there.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2