Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Only Simple Products working in 1.1.6? 

MunchyMonster

Total Posts:  71
New Hampshire, USA

Working with a 1.1.6 version of Magento I have deleted all products from my list of products.  I created three Simple products simple1, simple2, and simple3.  After creating each Simple product I confirmed that the product was available on the website and instock.  So far so good.  Virtual type products also seem to be behaving well, so far.

Next I tried to create a Grouped product.  On the Associated Products page I can get a list of my simple products.  I select simple1 set the qty to 2 and order to 1.  I also select simple2 set the qty to 2 and order to 2.  (all my Simple products have an inventory of 1000000) When I hit save I can see that the product is created.  When I go to the website the product is listed but is marked out of stock.  Going back and editing the grouped product I notice that neither of my Simple product selections in the associated products has “stuck”.  I re enter the selections and press save and continue edit.  I lose the selection I just entered with a product successfully saved message. 

I get the same results with both configurable and bundled product types.  The “associated” products will not stay associated with the “collection” product.  With this bug Magento is unusable.

I sincerely hope this is a PBKAC issue (Problem Between Keyboard And Chair).  If I’ve made some silly mistake I’d be happy to fix it.  I will re-install, but if this doesn’t work I will not be able to deploy with Magento and I’ve been trying to do so for months now.

-MunchyMonster

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MunchyMonster

New Hampshire, USA

If anyone else is having trouble with this please comment on this bug

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=3586

Magento Community
Magento Community

moritz_a

Total Posts:  11

Did you manage to solve the Problem?

We have the same problem since we conducted the update from 1.1.5 to 1.1.6. It was working before, and -with the existing grouped products- even after the Update.

But since I removed all Products and re-created them, the problem appeared. So I guess it has to do with the Update. When I add products, check the boxes and click “save and continue editing”, the tab switches to “general” for a second, and then back, there it says “successfully saved”, but the attached products are gone. It seems like the Values are not properly stored in DB, maybe even a JS problem.

The Update was done using Magento Connect, with no errors. Browser is Firefox 2.0. Another clue: JS Debug says “Error:  this.products.remove is not a function
[...]index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/18/tab/product_info_tabs_super/back/edit/
Line: 1059”. Maybe it has to do with that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jarekw

Total Posts:  10

The same problem here.

Also something similar happens when assigning (or removing) a product(s) to/from the category from within Manage Categories level => selecting a category to edit => selecting Category Products tab => searching for products to add and selecting them => Clicking Save button => products not added to the category.

(Same when removing products from category)

It works OK when adding/removing products to/from category from within Manage Products level

Magento Community
Magento Community

jarekw

Total Posts:  10

This is what helped me:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/18000/

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17739/#t60507

It turned out I did not have a full install after a number of upgrades somehow it lost the integrity....

Magento Community
Magento Community

MunchyMonster

New Hampshire, USA

I ended up creating a clean install of the latest code base and trying to get things to work from there.  Seems like a horrible work around, but I’m not live yet so it is acceptable for the time being.  I’m hoping the upgrade process will become more stable over time.

-MunchyMonster

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community