Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

can magento view the best seller in home page

janim007

Total Posts:  29

hi all
i’m wondering how can i get the best seller products
it’s appear in the admin dashboad but i want put it in the home page , this will be nice

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PimSchaaf

Total Posts:  13
Rotterdam

I am working on this too..

I took George’s Ringer code (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3999/P15/) which displays category best sellers and am working on a way to make it show store wide bestsellers when I add it only to my home page (via xml update for home page).

Currently it isn’t showing due to the fact that the home page is no category (just a cms page) and has no (best selling) products .

I’ll try to update this thread with my experiences.

Update:
Inchoo.net has a great tutorial on how to get this feature working. This tutorial can be found at:
http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/bestseller-products-in-magento/

good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magazento

Total Posts:  155
Russia,Volgograd

take a look on our Bestseller extension Easy Bestseller

EasyTopseller will allow your clients easily view store bestsellers. And you can fully manage in backend without any coding:

- Bestsellers time in days on Homepage at Category Page
- Bestsellers count on Homepage or at Category Page
- You could select specific category ID for bestsellers on homepage or show all site bestseller
- On categories extension will show product from current category ( on phones category = it will show phone bestseller)
- Enable/Disable actions for bestsellers (Add to cart)
- Enable/Disable price showing
- Easily Enable/Disable for showing out of stock products

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community