Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Homepage renders perfect, but 404 header

ChristiaanT

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

I’ve got a very annoying problem. I\’m currently developping a shop and it\’s almost finished. Now when I want to check it using W3.org I got a 404 status header on the homepage.

I checked and the error occurs only on the homepage. All the other pages get status code 200 (OK). I did a check if there\’s a special file is called, but all the files in the header get also called in the other pages, so that\’s not the problem. All the links are correct.

I even tried to load http://domain.com/index.php/ instead of http://domain.com, but this won\’t work too…

My site is located in a subdomain, but when I call another file in the same root, everything goes fine.

Does anyone of you have an idea what my problem can be? Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ChristiaanT

Total Posts:  3

Well… it’s certainly not a very active community here. Nobody has checked my message since two days ago…

But I have solved my problem. The problem was I had changed the layout/cms.xml file to load some of my custom blocks/templates. Then I deleted the CMS page ‘homepage’. When requesting the homepage it searches for the page you defined in system > web > standard-pages > default homepage. I deleted this file so it processed a 404 header but it did render my other blocks perfectly.

I solved it by creating my homepage in Pages and fill it up with a <!-- comment code -->, because it can’t be empty.

I hope I helped someone out with my solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexmargineanu

Total Posts:  26
London

You are right, thanks for providing a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community