Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento for the GST countries

peter_of_stirling

Total Posts:  2

In Australia we do not have Counties. We are currently divided into eight “States”.

These are:-
ACT (Australian Capital Territory)
QLD (Queensland)
NSW (New South Wales)
VIC (Victoria)
TAS (Tasmania)
SA (South Australia)
WA (Western Australia)
NT (Northern Territory)

I have manually inserted the States into the tables named database directory_country_region and directory_country_region_name (as there does not seem to be a way of inserting them from the backend).

GST (VAT in some countries) is levied Federally and is the same for each State. GST is payable on both goods and services. Basic foodstuffs are FRE (free of GST). Invoices are to be labelled Tax Invoice and must show the value of GST charged.

There are variations on this rate according to complex laws. In one case, we even have a tax on top of a tax WET (Wine Equisation Tax) is also subject to GST. Invoices are required to show both the WET and the GST separately. Where there are Cellar Door Sales it is desirable that the taxes be shown in separate columns on a line by line basis. It would not seem to matter which locale “State” was used to levy the taxes.

When trying to set up new taxes in Manage Tax Rates another drop-down State list appears that does not seem to bear any relationship with the two database tables referred to above. No other list of States seems to exit in the database. I have had a scan through most of the source code but must have missed any list there if it is provided there.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am currently marketing a New Zealand accounting package called MoneyWorks. This has an open C++ database that lends itself to linking with other software such as Magento.

Regards,
peter_of_stirling

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

peter_of_stirling - 08 December 2007 01:12 PM

When trying to set up new taxes in Manage Tax Rates another drop-down State list appears that does not seem to bear any relationship with the two database tables referred to above. No other list of States seems to exit in the database. I have had a scan through most of the source code but must have missed any list there if it is provided there.

Hi peter_of_stirling,

You can change the following line (near line 45) in app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Block\Tax\Rate\Form\Add.php:

->addCountryCodeFilter('USA')
to
->addCountryCodeFilter('AUS')
to get it working.

Please let me know if it helps.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

peter_of_stirling

Total Posts:  2

Thankyou Michael,

That did bring up the appropriate drop-down list.

However, in neither case was the .1% tax shown in the invoice.

Regards,
peter_of_stirling

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aleksander Andrijenko

Total Posts:  22

Hello guys,

I did the same, but no drop-down list shown at all?

What can be the problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Aleksander Andrijenko - 18 December 2007 03:10 AM

I did the same, but no drop-down list shown at all?
What can be the problem?

Hi Alexander,

Did you add your regions data to directory_country_region and directory_country_region_name tables ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

peter_of_stirling - 10 December 2007 12:49 AM

That did bring up the appropriate drop-down list.
However, in neither case was the .1% tax shown in the invoice.

Hello Peter,

It might require more customizations to add full support of other countries.
Magento might not have all that functionality at the moment.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aleksander Andrijenko

Total Posts:  22

Hello Michael,

No.

Where are this directories? I can’t find them....

I found different solution, but it’s done changing source code directly in files: /app/code/core/Mage/Tax/Model/Rate/Data.php

If you can, please provide your solution… smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community