Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change “Magento” to “Shop” ?? 

mrbrett

Total Posts:  12

I installed Magento a few weeks ago and named the folder MAGENTO.. (http://mysite.com/MAGENTO) Now, I’d like to change the name from MAGENTO to SHOP —How would I go about doing this?  Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi mrbrett,

You can do that by changing ‘Base url” config field values under System -> Configuration -> Web, though it might not be a single-step operation and will require direct editing core_config_data database table, so please make sure to backup your data first.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mark_sims

Total Posts:  13

While configuring Magento, I accidentally entered the directory as “store” in one field and “shop” in another. (guess I was mixed on which name to go with) I’m getting some issues with product images. I was able to change the 2 values in the core_data_config database table, as well as in the system->configure->web page in the admin.  After those changes I’m still getting some broken links due to the image tag pointing to the incorrect directory of “shop”. Are there any other places i might need to look to update the store directory to the correct name of “store”?

Any help is much appreciated,

mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

mark_sims

Total Posts:  13

I’m embarrassed to say this, but I didn’t realize there were so many pages of records in the core_config_data table. Once I reviewed all of the records it was a snap to change all of the bad values.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community