Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upload UPC attribute to Google Base

StroodlAdmin

Total Posts:  6

Does anyone know how can I upload UPC attribute to Google Base?  I created UPC attribute but cannot map it to Google Base’ UPC attribute because Magento does not include this attribute in the list of available Google Base attributes.  Please help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

allgiftsdirect

Total Posts:  4

Also looking for this.
How to add upc to google Google Base Attribute in order to map it.
Any answers?

Thanks,
Ian.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rossmannsupply

Total Posts:  34

I could use this as well. Google Merchant Center makes it a point to tell you your products may not be listed as well without a UPC code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevek7b

Total Posts:  13

To add UPC attribute, why don’t you run excel and plugin UPC in excel and just upload ur feeds via excel and ftp, much more safe and relaible then via the store, because google base, and all shopping comparison sites have special attributes, its best to manage all csv files from excel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rossmannsupply

Total Posts:  34

In google merchant center, the products I uploaded via magento do not show up as a data feed. They show up as products, and there doesn’t seem to be an option to export them to a csv.

In Magento, I don’t see an option to do that either.

I have a lot of products with descriptions, doing this in excel would take forever, just to add a UPC. Is there a way to simply export things to excel/csv without having to redo all the products manually? Either from the magento backend, or google merchant center?

I’d like for Magento to do all of the “heavy lifting”, then for me to add in UPCs later in excel instead of having to recreate everything Magento created for me manually.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

fancyfiber

Total Posts:  27

Just completed a very flexible module for Magento version 1.6 (may work on previous versions, but is untested at this time) that will create an XML file to be submitted to Google Merchant Center that will be compatible with the changes on Sept. 22nd. It has reporting to check products before they are added to your feed. It uses a JavaScript taxonomy checker to get the Google Product Category for your product (no more cut and paste from Google to your product and create a custom attribute). It allow for custom mapping for certain attributes. It accounts for up to 10 additional images per product (per Google specification). Uses Magento Cron to schedule file generation.

Check out the user guide at: http://fancyfiber.com/studios/products/en/buy/google_merchant_center_feed_user_guide

Buy it for $20 at:  http://fancyfiber.com/studios/products/en/buy/magento-modules/google-merchant-center-feed.html

Features at a glance:
JavaScript selector for Google Product Taxonomy (required by Google as of Sept 22, 2011)
Automatic selection of store category for inclusion in file
Automatic inclusion of special price and dates
Ability to create custom attribute mapping to your product attributes
Cron scheduled creation of XML file
Works with multiple stores
Select products by attribute set and ability to exclude specific products
Reports to verify the majority of the most common errors with Feed files (include troublesome apparel products)
Able to override most attributes sent to Google so they don’t have to match store values exactly (I use this to fix long store titles)
Support for configurable products - item group id sent for the configurable parent.
Separate feed files per store - can disable feeds per store view
And more…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community