Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

eav_attribute Table - Hide Attributes by Changing ‘is_visible’ Column? 

trojancjs

Total Posts:  1

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering whether and how the ‘is_visible’ column on the eav_attributes column is used in the Magento system.  I tried flipping the ‘is_visible’ value to 0 on a few random attributes - for example, “Display Mode” in the “Manage Categories” section of the Admin interface - and it didn’t seem to have any affect to the admin interface.  I’ve been trying to search through the code to figure out how the ‘is_visible’ field is used, if at all.

Does anyone know off the top of your head whether setting ‘is_visible’ to ‘0’ should hide an attribute from the Admin interface / store view?

- Chris

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

Total Posts:  368

Hi @trojancjs,

It\’s been for years to get the answer.... but never mind, maybe someone someday will have the answer already…

I\’ve found that \’is_visible\’ attribute is additional attribute… eg : you created attribute at customer, then you should have the additional attribute at customer_eav_attribute… you can change the attribute \’is_visible\’ value at there....

have a nice day…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community