Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem after importing products

damiana

Total Posts:  6

I’ve imported all products via magento import/export function, and now I get following error when I try to go yo specific product page:

There has been an error processing your request

Invalid method Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Description::addToParentGroup(Array
(

[0] => detailed_info
)
)

Trace:
#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call('addToParentGrou...', Array)
#1 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(350): Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Description->addToParentGroup('detailed_info')
#2 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(216): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Array, Array)
#3 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(208): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#4 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(208): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(212): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#6 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#7 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php(115): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#8 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php(149): Mage_Catalog_ProductController->_initProductLayout()
#9 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Catalog_ProductController->viewAction(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product))
#10 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch()
#11 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/community/ArtsOnIT/OfflineMaintenance/Controller/Router/Standard.php(46): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match('view')
#12 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): ArtsOnIT_OfflineMaintenance_Controller_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#14 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run()
#15 /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/index.php(78): Mage::run(Array)
#16 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jackyw87

Total Posts:  3

Have you fixed it?  If so, how?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aaliya

Total Posts:  2

Invalid method Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Description::addToParentGroup(Array
(
[0] => detailed_info
)
)

Magento Community
Magento Community

xiaowenguan

Total Posts:  1

Have you fixed it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Keith Moon

Total Posts:  20
London

I get a similar error message on the product page if I add catalog.xml to my customized layout folder (even if I keep the file exactly like the original one on the dafaul folder):

a:5:{i:0;s:113:"Invalid method Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Description::addToParentGroup(Array
(
    [0] => detailed_info
)
)"
;i:1;s:2289:"#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call('addToParentGrou...', Array)
#1 [internal function]: Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Description->addToParentGroup('detailed_info')
#2 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(347): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(213): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#4 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#6 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(209): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#7 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#8 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php(115): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#9 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php(149): Mage_Catalog_ProductController->_initProductLayout(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product))
#10 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Catalog_ProductController->viewAction()
#11 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#12 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#14 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#15 /home/rioexperiencetou/www/magento/index.php(78): Mage::run('', 'store')
#16 {main}"
;s:3:"url";s:40:"/magento/tours/sugar-loaf-corcovado.html";s:11:"script_name";s:18:"/magento/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:2:"en";}
Can anyone give some help on this? I can’t delete the product description from layout.php.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eng_mithun_cse

Total Posts:  4

Hey, i got the solution of this thread.

Just go to Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Description and Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Attributes classes and add the following function within both classes:

public function addToParentGroup($detailed){

}

This solved my problem here. Hope to urs also.....

Have fun with magento......

Magento Community
Magento Community

eng_mithun_cse

Total Posts:  4

Sorry, to say that, u can also do that by overwriting the classes within ur local code. This keeps clean ur core code.:D

Magento Community
Magento Community

jbhansen

Total Posts:  13

Thank you! I’ve been searching for this solution for awhile now. Worked great for me.

By the way, yes, it’s best to add this code to your local code as opposed to the core code.

For clarity’s sake, instead of editing app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/View/Description.php and app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/View/Attributes.php, copy those two files to app/code/local/Catalog/Block/Product/View/Description.php and app/code/local/Catalog/Block/Product/View/Attributes.php. (Create the folders if they don’t already exist.) Then edit the “local” files. Put the above function before the final closing } in each file, not after it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CollinsHarper

Total Posts:  18
Vancouver, BC

This seemed to be an issue for us when attempting to install a skin meant for a more recent version of magento on an older installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stephenr85

Total Posts:  11

I was also getting an error using a skin meant for a different version of Magento. The fix for me was to comment out the <action/> node in catalog.xml of that theme.

<!--action method="addToParentGroup"><group>detailed_info</group></action-->

Even cleaner than creating a local override class wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

clarkm

Total Posts:  10

thank you stephenr85

this solved a problem i had when moving the magento iphone theme from community to enterprise

much appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Luiz Gomes

Total Posts:  15

just to add some information on this thread:

I wans\’t able to fix following the tips here. Maybe my theme is a bit different.

the solution I\’ve found out was replace THEME/template/catalog/product/view.phtml with another one from another theme.
it\’s working =)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community