Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multi User? 

eDee

Total Posts:  1

Before I pull out anymore hair, can Magento’s customized stores have different log ins on the backend?
We know several people looking for stand alone websites, however backing up those databases every night gets to be a lot. We are looking for something which is “like a mall”, but not a mall. We’d like all the stores to look like stand alone stores, but all connect to one database.

I’ve been trying to install this for 3 days and now it hits me, I don’t think this software will do what we need.
~eDee

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

piotrekkaminski
Magento Team

Total Posts:  73

Hello,

Magento supports separate logins to the backend where each login can have restricted access to some functionality, however the permissions are quite broad - if you allow access to customer and order data, every user will see data of each website.  Complete separation is not planned currently.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community