Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paypal Express Checkout / Guest Account / Order History etc - advice please

jamesnoony

Total Posts:  1

Hi

I’m a little confused as to how the PayPal Express checkout system works.

If you use paypal express checkout you simply enter your paypal username and password, but how does that work in regard to an actual customer account in the magento system.

Does magento \"create\" an account for that customer using their email address, and does it pull the address details over from PayPal.

I assume it does this otherwise how would Magento go about the customer order history, order despatch etc etc

I have been asked by clients about a \"guest\" account on an ecommerce system, whereby the customers details are not stored as an actual customer account, but the delivery address must be stored in the database surely??

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, James

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

prakash.contus

Total Posts:  1

Hi jamesnoony,

I’m also experiencing the same issue. I just want to knoe is it default magento+Paypal+guest checkout issue or It is a bug?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community