Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

iPhone Theme Pulls other Theme Data

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

I am having some odd effects with exceptions for the iphone theme. It appears that the iphone footer is pulling its layout structure from my packages default theme. I have refreshed cache and it seemed to go away, but then came back and now is back permanently.

Any one have problems with layouts and exceptions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

Still testing this. I have a multi-store setup with a custom package. When I set exceptions on one of my stores for the iPhone theme I get the footer data from my default theme.
Here is the layout of my packages and themes and how they are setup in the admin > config section.

Custom Package has 3 different themes: Default Theme, Theme1, Theme2 and iPhone Theme.

Custom Package is set as the Default Config package and uses the Default Theme.

When I put an Exception for the iPhone Theme on Store 1 > Theme > Default, the iPhone footer template pulls the Default Theme’s footer template.

When I put an Exception on Default Config on Theme > Default, the iPhone footer pulls its footer template like it should.

So it appears that Magento has a few glitches when using exceptions in a multi-store configuration.

Let me know if you have similar findings.

Magento Community
Magento Community

balbaweb

Total Posts:  22

I have same problem like that!

Magento Community
Magento Community

iMaster

Total Posts:  37

I am having the same problem. The legality footer is still the default Magento footer, it won’t use the footer from my default store footer. Everything else is nice! Is there a way to fix the legality footer?

I’m using iPhone theme built into 1.4.0.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cycology77

Total Posts:  32
Macon, Georgia

Has any progress been made on finding a solution for this? I’m having the same issue - footer for iPhone theme appears to be pulling info from the default>default theme.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Reece08

Total Posts:  9

im getting the footer & bg image from Modern Theme
no categories
and just other general layout issues, obviously because its pulling from the wrong layout.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cycology77

Total Posts:  32
Macon, Georgia

I found that you can override that by adding the appropriate styling in the CSS file for the iPhone theme. Also, for things I didn’t want to display - simply add “display:none” for the style.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Reece08

Total Posts:  9

Yeah, thats what i’m also doing.

Seems to solve my issues

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community