Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Order Processing - How do you do it? 

plu_australia

Total Posts:  132

Hello, interested to hear about how you do this, from what I can tell the native functionality is cumbersome and really doesnt allow for bulk processing.

From what I have read lots of folks are using:

a)http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/FOOMAN/extension/1599/ordermanager

b)http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Sebastian+Enzinger/extension/2521/simplify-bulk-order-processing

c)thrid party fulffillment software

Others have made changes to their xml files by adding new type of status.

So far I havent really seen anywhere on what the preference in AU is and keen to have feedback or whether either a b or c is used and what you think about these methods.

And then what do you do about shipping labels?

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CustomHT

Total Posts:  20

I use the Fooman extension..

Works great and makes life easier..

Regards Scott

Magento Community
Magento Community

Genevieve

Total Posts:  22
Perth, Australia

I thought I’d jump in and add our extensions to the list as Webshopapps have a couple of extensions in this area:

1. One Click Complete will process orders in bulk, creating invoices and shipments for multiple orders at once, which is great if you are high volume and ship the majority of your orders without tracking numbers and as single shipments

2. Import Shipments also processes order in bulk and includes the capability to create partial shipments and add tracking numbers. You specify the details in a CSV file and import to complete. It includes a template CSV export feature so you can select the orders, export the template, add tracking details and import.

Email us at sales@webshopapps.com if you have any questions. The rest of the team is based in the UK but I am here in Oz.

Genevieve

Magento Community
Magento Community

plu_australia

Total Posts:  132

We neded up using a combination of extension Pending Orders Grid which is awesome for keeping a clean grid of orders that need action only and you can have action items like ‘ship’ on the grid or in the mass action drop down. This is made possible using the mass action urls of the Mass Orders etc my Mettic although nay would work.

One thing I like about Foomans is the ability to enter the carrier and tracking no right there on the grid - thats a big time saver.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community