Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image Upload NOT SOLVED

obywatelxxx

Total Posts:  4

I spent 3 days on searching an answer, but nothing. The question is: how to upload product images? I saw many ideas but nothing good for me and probably for many people. After uploading image Magento writes that was uploaded with success, but there are no photos. In the earlier distributions everything was ok. Now I have 1.1.6 and I am a little bit furious because I don’t need a project without pictures. This bug should be number 1 to fix, or at least in first 10

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

Have you checked the file permissions to relevant folders?
(the ‘media’ folder and sub folders)

This is usually the cause of this error, and is not necessarily something Magento could fix as file permissions are usually set locally when you add / upload / download folders to your server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

obywatelxxx

Total Posts:  4

File permission is OK
The newest flash is installed
Changing htaccess and php.ini didn’t help
After uploading Magento writes that upload was successful, but there are no images in /media. Any ideas? Waiting for help

Magento Community
Magento Community

[S-K]

Total Posts:  6

same problem here, checked the permissions, the server does not have suhosin like someone on the irc channel asked me.... :(

i’m going nuts with this :(

image of what apears: http://www.pc-doc.com.pt/magento/magento.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

I guess you are talking about Catalog...Manage Products....Add New Product?

I have no problem with 1.1.6 with this. Are you sure you are ticking the little boxes next to the image, for Thumnail, Base etc. If you don’t tick those, the image will not show.  Since its worked fro you in earlier versions, I reckon you are aware of that, but sometimes we just get caught in a loop overlooking something.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community