Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add multiple items / products with one click

undoIT

Total Posts:  4

I’ve looked at quite a few open source ecommerce packages. Magento is very slick and I’d like to use this for the next project I’ll be working on for a client. One important feature that is needed is the ability to set the quantity of multiple products in the category view and then add them all to the cart with a single click. Is this possible? Or alternatively, is it possible to have products added to the cart after pressing the “Add to Cart” button without navigating away from the category page?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Both are possible with minimal customiziation. We will look into making not navigating to the cart after addition a configurable value.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

undoIT

Total Posts:  4

Sounds great. I’ve used four other e-commerce solutions and Magento is the slickest, most intuitive one I ‘ve seen so far. I guess I better get a sandbox install up and running so I can start digging around. Looking forward to getting a donation sent this way after completing the project.

Would it be possible to use AJAX for adding items to the cart?

Cheers, Sean

Magento Community
Magento Community

addisonk

Total Posts:  5

Here’s a good example of a shopping cart not needing a page reload when adding to cart: http://showroom.myshopify.com/

it would be nice if we could do this, even with the shopping cart on the right column.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vman

Total Posts:  3

undoIT - 07 December 2007 10:05 PM

I’ve looked at quite a few open source ecommerce packages. Magento is very slick and I’d like to use this for the next project I’ll be working on for a client. One important feature that is needed is the ability to set the quantity of multiple products in the category view and then add them all to the cart with a single click. Is this possible? Or alternatively, is it possible to have products added to the cart after pressing the “Add to Cart” button without navigating away from the category page?

This is exactly what I need as well. Zen Cart does this with an Add selected Items button at end of a category listing. You just add the numbe rof items of each product to a quantity box and then click add selected items. I dont want to have to use Zen cart. Any idea when this feature will be available in Magento ?

Regards
Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

ethan schaefer

Total Posts:  12

Add Selected would be extremely helpful.  Anyone figure this one out yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

matt1237

Total Posts:  70
Washington State

ethan schaefer - 17 March 2009 09:47 AM

Add Selected would be extremely helpful.  Anyone figure this one out yet?

I would also like to “Add Selected” did you find the answer yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ethan schaefer

Total Posts:  12

Still working toward it.  Very Slowly.

I will post if I come to a conclusion.

Magento Community
Magento Community

l781

Total Posts:  109