Magento Forum

Categories and products dont show up on new install

scubaJosh

Total Posts:  1

I have a fresh install of Magento ver. 1.4.1.0 and I been playing with it for like 2 days trying to get the categories “navigation” and products to show up. I cleared every cache possible in the admin I re-indexed everything possible. The products are enabled they have correct qty. In the admin I have display out of stock items to yes. But I still get no navigation or sitemap with any kind of category or product data. I was reading many posts on other people having similar issues but they where with older versions and none of the fixes seem to work. I am considered a senior level developer so I shouldn’t have any issues with this but wrong. I pretty much came to a conclusion the installer which I installed from ssh directly onto server, I believe its missing some sort of db info or file or something. I followed the ssh install instructions to the t I got SEO urls working great. I have been using oscommerce for many years and thought I would give magento a try but so far it seems to be very slow and I cant get the basics to work properly this is very aggravating and for this being a stable release this is bogus! I am really tempted to just stay with OSC. If anyone has the same issue and had it resolved can you please shed some light on this.

Thank you so much!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community