Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

a private shopping area defined by client / user? 

CathieGraphy

Total Posts:  2

I’d like to know if its possible to create section of my future shop which have material that only a specific client of mine can view? ie. photo gallery of products to choose from of their photoshoot with password access?

I’m debating wether I need to create a separate client proofing gallery with cart, or if my ‘shopping cart’ feature in the proofing gallery can be done in magento once they’ve made their final photo selections. It means my client proofing gallery can be MUCH simpler!!

My shop will have ordinary sections where my own photography will be sold as prints, cards, puzzles and other product designs of mine. So there will be a shop online as normal but wondered about a private shop section per user, and if it is even possible?

Thanks.
Cathie.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CathieGraphy

Total Posts:  2

Hey, um, I posted this a couple of days ago. Can anyone help me with my question?
Thanks.
Cathie.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Hi Cathie,

You’ll need a developer to do some custom work on your store, but it is possible. Basically, you’ll have folks create accounts and then put those accounts into customer groups. Then you need to custom code that those customer groups can view some areas of the store that others cannot. We do this frequently for clients that want wholesale sites with account-only access.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community