Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Can Magento set Minimum Order Amount per Customer Group? 

joshuajarman

Total Posts:  76

Questions:

Can Magento set Minimum Order Amount per Customer Group?

Can you have a minimum amount for the first order and a different amount for returning orders?

Thanks,
Josh

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Suki

Total Posts:  4

I don’t have a solution, as I’m here seeking the exact same information.  We have various wholesale levels, each with their own ordering requirements.

Thanks for asking this question.  I’ll be watching this topic for replies and hoping that you get one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mr Dash

Total Posts:  49

I have the exact same question,

can you set minimum order quantities for different customer groups.
and can this change automatically for there second purchase on there next visit

Magento Community
Magento Community

vivienne1

Total Posts:  1

In the meantime it is 2011 and I am struggling with the same problem.

I have two customer groups. Wholesale and retail. The wholesale customer gets tierpricing and needs to order a minimum of € 100. The retail customer does not get the tierpricing and has no minimum order qty.

How do I set this up? I have browsed the entire community I think, but still no solution.

Please help, my website is almost done and I need to go online as my cashflow is running out.
red face

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  163
Warsaw, Poland

Hi,
Please visit this thread minimum order amout per group

Here you will find how do it step by step. Standard Magento can do that
but first you should create custom group of course

Magento Community
Magento Community

OzizO

Total Posts:  38

Thanks for your reply, but it does not work for me

I have Tierpricing set per customergroup.
So only the group WHOLESALE sees the tierpricing.
But now I need the WHOLESALE group to get a message in their cart that the minimum order amount is 100 euro. Otherwise my wholesale is just a glorified retail.

So is there a way (or something to be developped) that I can set the min order qty (and I mean order amount with that) per customer group?

Thanks for all thinking with me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Warsaw, Poland

OzizO - 25 February 2011 03:54 AM

Thanks for your reply, but it does not work for me

I have Tierpricing set per customergroup.
So only the group WHOLESALE sees the tierpricing.
But now I need the WHOLESALE group to get a message in their cart that the minimum order amount is 100 euro. Otherwise my wholesale is just a glorified retail.

So is there a way (or something to be developped) that I can set the min order qty (and I mean order amount with that) per customer group?

Thanks for all thinking with me.

Navigate to System> Inventory > Product Stock Option
In “Minimum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart” > “Add minimum Qty>
here you chose the group you need, min qty, and store where you want this rule to be applied.

Magento Community
Magento Community

OzizO

Hi GoMage,

Thanks for the reply. The thing you explained solved the problem for min qty per item in cart per customer group. But it did not solve the problem for min order amount per customer group.

any more suggestions?

Greetz,

Vivienne

Magento Community
Magento Community

OzizO

Hi GoMage,

I tried that too, but the thing is, it is designed to give customer groups a discount on their order when fulfilling the conditions. For my website it should be that they need to spend euro 100 to be able to place their order. I have tried to work my way around it but I do not see the solution yet. If I give them euro 1 discount it does not solve the problem as they will still be able to order under euro 100.

Any more ideas? I really do not want to make a seperate website for these customergroups.

ps. i tried replying to your pm but that did not work due to an “ invalid screen name”

Magento Community
Magento Community

Warsaw, Poland

OzizO - 27 February 2011 02:27 AM

Hi GoMage,

I tried that too, but the thing is, it is designed to give customer groups a discount on their order when fulfilling the conditions. For my website it should be that they need to spend euro 100 to be able to place their order. I have tried to work my way around it but I do not see the solution yet. If I give them euro 1 discount it does not solve the problem as they will still be able to order under euro 100.

Any more ideas? I really do not want to make a seperate website for these customergroups.

ps. i tried replying to your pm but that did not work due to an “ invalid screen name”

Hi,

I have no more ideas.
Thank you for information “ invalid screen name” I will find out what problem is.
Good Luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kevinrys

Total Posts:  18

OzizO - 27 February 2011 02:27 AM

Hi GoMage,

Also need help with this.

Solution Possibilities:

-Could be a custom action added to the promotions where if all conditions weren’t met Checkout would fail…
-There is a section in the system config for a minimum order for the entire store...could add a select for customer group only.
-The minimum order quantity feature for inventory in the config is good...any chance of adapting the code to work for minimum order instead?

If there are any developers around I may be willing to pay for this.  Send me a quote.

Magento Community
Magento Community

OzizO

Hi GoMage and others

I solved it with a paid (:( extension from EM themes (www.emthemes.com). It was a problem as it did not install well at all (on their forum we placed a whole explanation on how we fixed it). We had to do some serious changing the extension. But now it is working, only I have a problem that although it does not let you finalize your order when ordering below the set amount. It will not tell you why you cannot check out. Very strange. I contacted them, but still no reply, hopefully tonight. Only on the category pages you will see a message that the minimum order amount is x

The suggestion you gave does not work as it is is meant to go for min order qty but I wanted min order amount. I can do that, but than what would the action be? Discount? No because I give them discount already in the tierpricing.

But the extension solves the problem, now I only have to find out how to place a message to all customers of one group. The message should be on all pages . I found a thread already that explains about the CMS blocks I can make with the text, but now it is to figure out where to place it and how, so only one customergroup can see it.
Thread:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/306738/

Thanks for thinking with me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jerryfantastic

Total Posts:  3

I solved this issue to my satisfaction, using a combination of existing backend Admin features, and a bit of a “hack” on cart.phtml. This method is free, but requires some familiarity with Magento files to modify in the future.

The end result is that:
1. The store displays and uses retail prices for all users not logged in, or logged in but not a member of the Wholesale customer group.
2. Once the Wholesale user logs in, the store displays both wholesale and retail prices (for reference), but uses the wholesale price.
3. The Wholesale user can view their cart, but, unless their order is above a specified amount (e.g. $1000), cannot checkout because the checkout buttons will not render, and an an error message will appear on the page.

Steps:
1. ASSIGN USER TO WHOLESALE CUSTOMER GROUP
a) Admin->Customers->Manage Customers
b) Pick a customer and select “Assign to Customer Group” in the Actions dropdown, then choose the Wholesale customer group.

2. SET PRICING FOR WHOLESALE CUSTOMER GROUP
a) Admin->Catalog->Manage Products->(any product)->Prices->Tier Prices
b) Create a tier price with the settings: Customer Group: Wholesale, Qty: 1 and above, Price: [your wholesale price]

(The price in the “Price” field at the top of the page will be used for all non-Wholesale customers)

At this point, if the Wholesale customer logs into their account, and browses the catalog, they will see the both the default and the Wholesale price, but the wholesale price will be used for all intents and purposes.

3. SET MINIMUM ORDER AMOUNT FOR WHOLESALE CUSTOMER GROUP
This is the tricky bit.

Open your app/design/frontend/default/[your theme]/template/checkout/cart.phtml

1. Add the following code to the beginning of the file, right above <div class="cart">

<?php
$logged_in = Mage::getSingleton( 'customer/session' )->isLoggedIn();

if ($logged_in) {
$group = Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->getCustomerGroupId();

$grand_total = Mage::helper('checkout')->getQuote()->getGrandTotal();

$minimum_order = 1000;
}
?>

This code checks if the user is logged in, and if so, finds out which Customer Group they are in, their cart total, and creates a variable to store what you want the minimum order amount to be.

2. Find the following code on your page (it will appear twice):

<ul class="checkout-types">
<?php foreach ($this->getMethods('top_methods') as $method): ?>
<?php if ($methodHtml = $this->getMethodHtml($method)): ?>
<li><?php echo $methodHtml; ?></li>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</ul>

This is the code that renders the checkout buttons.

Replace the first instance of that code with:

<?php if (($group == 2 && $grand_total > $minimum_order) || $group != 2): ?>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</ul>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($group == 2 && $grand_total < $minimum_order): ?>
<span style="color: red">Note: The minimum order amount for Wholesale customers is $1000. Please add more items to your cart.</span><br /><br />
<?php endif; ?>

and the second instance with:

<?php if (($group == 2 && $grand_total > $minimum_order) || $group != 2): ?>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</ul>
<?php endif; ?>

What this does is prevent the checkout buttons from rendering if the customer is a wholesale customer ($group == 2) and their cart total is less than the minimum you want ($grand_total > $minimum_order). An error message will be displayed in red at the top of the cart page.

The buttons will render for everyone else, with no error message.

NOTES:
1. When the Wholesale price is set as a tier price, some verbiage will appear around it on the front end: ‘as low as’, etc. These can be modified by using template path hints to find and modify the relevant files.

2. The customer group associated with a tier price may be lost on product export/import. The fix for this is dealt with on other threads.

3. You can use this method to create multiple Customer Groups all with different pricing and minimum order amounts.

Magento Community
Magento Community

therob

Just want to say that that is a brilliant fix worked first time no hassles does exactly what I need it to do Thank you SOOOOOO much for posting.

just a note for others that try my code that I needed to replace was:

<ul class="checkout-types">

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('methods'?>

</ul>

<?php endif; ?>

yours may be similar

Thanks again you are definately fantastic Jerry!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

laurie

Total Posts:  51

THANK YOU JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

shamimcse05

Check this one http://blog.free-extension.com/2012/01/31/set-minimum-order-amount-magento/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2