Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento import/export/manage big amount of products

shmk

Total Posts:  297

Can Magento import/export/manage over 30.000 products without problems?

Anyone has tried to export and import over 30.000 products in Magento? It worked immediatly without any trouble, workaround or fix?

Is it possible even with Enterprise, Professional and Community?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

shmk

No one is using Magento for managing a so big amount of products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

HI shmk,

Yes you can manage a store with over 30,000 SKUs in Magento without problems. The Magento Importer itself is slow (though look in the ‘Dataflow’ forum for some scripts to speed this up).

I would recommend this extension:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Unirgy/extension/3047/urapidflow

I have managed stores on Magento with products from 1,000 and currently working on a project that has 1.5 million SKUs.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shmk

kab8609 - 22 June 2010 12:08 PM

I have managed stores on Magento with products from 1,000 and currently working on a project that has 1.5 million SKUs.

Thanks for your message.

Are you using Community, Professional or Enterprise for managing that million and half amount of products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

That is a Enterprise project (but it could be achieved with community)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grut

Total Posts:  164
Ukraine

There is Store Manager for Magento available on the market. This software simplifies management of store with great number of products. Also, it has import/export tool which allows you to import or export products, categories, attributes, customers and orders ( import/export of custom options will be available in the next release).

I suggest you to download the trial version of Magento Store Manager (in the signature) thus you can test full functionality of software one month for free.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community