Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

API Create Shipment Problem With Multiple Line Orders

Scott_TriState

Total Posts:  35

Has anyone had any luck creating shipments for orders with multiple lines using the Webservices API? I have successfully created a shipment for an order, but that only works correctly if the order is one line. I have orders in my store that will be fulfilled via EDI from 3 different vendors to start out with. If one vendor sends me the advance ship notice for their product but the other 2 vendors haven’t shipped yet, I don’t want to list their items on the order as shipped.

I noticed that the sales_order_shipment.create method takes an associative array argument of order_item_id => qty. The only place I can find order_item_id is in the vardump after I create a shipment. Surely there is another place to find order_item_id??

Has anyone out there been able to create a shipment using multiple lines and ship just one or 2 lines of the order? Thanks!

Scott

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott_TriState

Total Posts:  35

Bumping this up. Is anyone out there working with the Shipment API?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community