Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Website Speed Issue - Anything I can ask my webhost to do? 

oldsmoky

Total Posts:  23

After browsing through the forum I see that there are many people having trouble with the speed on their websites.  It seems being on a shared hosting plan is probably not the best environment for Magento depending on the size of the store and traffic, etc.  I was wondering if there is anything that I may be able to ask our web host to do on the backend to improve the performance of the site?  We are using the latest release of Magento - 1.1.6 and have about 500 products.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mayerwin

Total Posts:  182
France

I encountered the same problem with my previous host (shared hosting), and even with Gandi (dedicated hosting). So I went to a specialized web hosting company for Magento and that did the trick. Now it’s not a problem anymore and that should be very appreciate by your customer. Check my signature if you’re interested, or this link.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community