Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Need some advice please :-)

durranh

Total Posts:  50

hey guys, i recently upgraded to 1.4.1.0 and had a few problems which i managed to solve after trailing the forums! once i got it all working i found that my template (from templates monster) isnt compatible with 1.4.1.0!!!!! I Have been onto Templates Monster who say they can upgrade my template for $99 as my template is only compatible with 1.3 even though ive been on 1.4.0 since it was released and it was working fine!! ! Anyway I would revert back to 1.4 but i have no idea how! I was just wondering if you guys think i should pay the money or go back to 1.4.0 and if so how do i do it???

Your help will be appreciated

Many thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

I assume you backed up your files and database before upgrading? Use that backup to restore.

Magento Community
Magento Community

durranh

yeah i backed up both on the admin panel and i copied all the files from filezilla to a backup folder. i tried putting those files back via filezilla but nothing happend! i know i sound stupid but im only a newbie!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Weis

Total Posts:  44
Kiev, Ukraine

Stay with 1.4.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

durranh

thanks for the replies, but i paid the $99 in the end and now everything is working fine again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community