Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Better Drop Down Menu

marsk

Total Posts:  7

How do I make a better drop down menu in the navigation bar?
I added a static block to one of my categories and when you mouse over that category in the navigation bar you get this large pop-up for the newly added block.
The pop-up is really big and it partially obscures the category in the nav bar.
How do I get this to display as a drop down menu instead, so it doesn’t block the parent category?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Adam Moss

Total Posts:  248
Birmingham, UK

I have no idea what you’ve done, but the default and modern theme’s have dropdown menus as standard. You’ll need to give us a little more information about what you’ve done?

Magento Community
Magento Community

marsk

Total Posts:  7

Highwayman,
Thanks for the reply.

I created a static block called “Free Stuff” as a giveaway offer. I also created a “Free Stuff” subcategory in each of the categories that I wanted the “Free Stuff” block to show up in (Cabinet Cooling, Rack Cooling, Hardware and Accessories).
I also created a product page called “Free ipad” for the three “Free Stuff” categories so that when the block is displayed on the web site it will read “Free Stuff (1)”
Within each of the three “Free Stuff” subcategories I checked the box for the “Free ipad” product page so that it will displayed on the block.

I now have two problems.
One, the “Free Stuff” subcategory shows up in the navigation bar as a large pop-up that partially obscures the main category in the nav bar (as mentioned previously)
Two, the “Free Stuff” block displays on the web pages as “Free Stuff (0)”, as though there are no products being offered.

In case my explanation is totally incoherent, this is the web site address:  http://www.climatronix.com/

Please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community