Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

UK merchant after some payment advice - help! 

rdr

Total Posts:  2

Afternoon,

I appreciate there’s already a few threads on payment gateways and stuff, but I’ve been unable to find quite what I’m after. Perhaps because some of my questions are UK specific? Anyway, hope you’ll indulge me. smile

We’re a UK merchant and have a merchant bank account with the Abbey. We’re getting setup to take cards via a terminal for our offline business, but online is prompting a couple of questions.

1) We don’t want to create more work for ourselves than necessary, but the two default payment Gateways don’t look satisfactory. Authorize.net seems to be quite US-biased and they don’t give any prices on their site. Are they any good for a UK business? I can’t find any mention on their site about whether they take Switch/Maestro card, which is a requirement of ours. Payflow is also very U.S. biased, in fact the setup screen doesn’t even list the UK!

2) Protx look like a good fit, but reading about the two modules they sound a little, well, buggy. Are any merchants using them successfully?

These are the avenues we’re looking at, but are very open to any advice.

Thanks for your time!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Nick Rigby

Total Posts:  57

Hi there,

We’re a UK merchant and we’ve been using the Protx (direct) payment module for about 1 month now and it works well. We also have Google Checkout enabled, which is also proving to be a popular payment method.

Nick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

demeva

Total Posts:  4

I have used 2checkout for several years on different sites and for different products. I have never had a problem with them although I haven’t yet used them with Magento.

In their favour is that they don’t charge any monthly fees and their set up charge is only $49. The downside is that they charge 5.5%.

Nb. i am also i the UK.

Hope this helps.

Demeva

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community