Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

www.american-heritage.de Online

ryanp

Total Posts:  76
Germany

After much work from our designer and developer as well as support from module developers and answers in the forum we are proud to show off our new store based on Magento Community Edition.

http://www.american-heritage.de

For those that are interested we import traditional American products in Germany and have two stores one in Munich and one in Augsburg.

We’d be glad to hear your comments or answer any questions about our implementation.

Patrick Ryan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Patrick, very nice site, some of the roll overs did not load the first time in Google Chrome, other wise it looks like a nice weekend in Door county Wisconsin. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

helmuc

Total Posts:  4
Chatham, UK

Hi

I would start with 3 things:

1) simplify the frontpage - landing page has to be simple and inviting
2) it is connected with frontpage as well - people should be able to see actual products on the first page (all the other information has secondary importance)
3) -> about the (top) image banners in categories. Make them decsriptive and less product like - I got confused when I saw them the 1st time - they are above “the fold” and look like real products. so, they are misleading - and that means - take them out or change the look. Actually, that place is good for an image with short seo optimised text

good luck,
Helmuts

p.s. sorry if this review looks harsh - I am pointing out just weak bits, without saying what is nice (i’m too lazy for that).. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community