Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
paypal IPN notice url changed agin in 1.4.1.0

amadex

Total Posts:  43

I’m having the same problem with “mc_gross”. Sometimes it’s sending the wrong value to PayPal and then Magento classifies the order as “Suspected Fraud"… Anybody found the cause and solution?

Filo - 31 March 2011 09:44 PM

I was having this error of “Suspected Fraud” when testing with the Paypal sandbox.  I noticed that the field I was sending “mc_gross” did not match my order total in Magento. I changed this to match and resent the IPN and eveything worked fine. the order was moved to processing.
Have a look at the file app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Standard.php to see which IPN fields are important to Magento.  The function ipnPostSubmit() cares about mc_gross and payment_status=="Completed".
You could temporarily modify this file to get more debug. Make sure debug is turned on for Paypal. Goto System>Configuration>Paypal and in the tab Website Payments Standards Setting make sure Debug Mode is “Yes”
The order comment history also gives information.  Go to admin>sales>orders and pick an order and look at the history.
I was seeing comments like

1 Apr 2011 06:51:15Suspected Fraud |Customer Notified
IPN 
"Completed"Order is suspended as its capture amount â‚¬0.00 is suspected to be fraudulentTransaction ID"541545".
The successful comment looks like this
1 Apr 2011 07:16:37|Processing
Customer Notification Not Applicable
IPN 
"Completed"Registered notification about captured amount of â‚¬0.66Transaction ID"541545".

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chapagain

Total Posts:  202

This article might help solving the error: http://www.bigdune.net/geek-blog/magento/60-magento-paypal-ipn-wrong-order-id.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2